If you want to be successful in business, all you need is the following:
- Incredible likeability
- Expert mind reading skills
- The ability to predict the future (correctly)
Simple enough, right?
Okay, but what about those of us that aren’t charismatic, future-seeing mind readers? We need:
- Likeability and a people-first approach
- Keen, insightful minds open to new possibilities and solutions
- This list of B2B SEO tips
I’ll assume that the first two requirements are self-explanatory and jump right into the third. SEO is one of the critical factors that make the business world go round. It applies to everything we do and requires our constant attention. If we want our search engine rankings to improve not only day-to-day but also month-to-month and year-to-year, we have to prioritize SEO as essential for business success.
That’s where this list comes in. While some SEO tips are evergreen and always relevant, others appear and vanish depending on the current environment. You want to pay attention to the ones that matter now and not waste time on ones that no longer apply. To help guide you, we have these four little-known B2B SEO tips that you need in 2021:
Implementing advanced schema correctly makes a huge difference
- More than 50% of search result clicks are on rich results
- Sites with advanced schema outperform other sites by 2 to 3 times
- Roughly 40% of sites have schema errors, 60% have no schema at all, 95% have less than 8 schema types identified, and 97% are missing error free advanced schema
- If a page has a single error on it, Google will ignore all of the schema on the page
Get your schema in order and outperform many of the sites out there.
Page speed affects SEO indirectly through user experience signals and directly as a ranking factor in algorithms
- The more time it takes for a page to load, the more your bounce rate skyrockets. More than 1 in 4 visitors abandon a site taking more than 4 seconds to load
- 46% of users don’t revisit poorly performing sites
- A 1 second delay reduces user satisfaction by 16%
- Users remember online loading times as being 35% longer than they actually are
One bad experience and a potential customer may be lost forever. Don’t let poor page speed bring your site down.
Forget yourself - cater to visitors and search intent
- Google and users in general are getting better at recognizing pages that offer expert advice written by people who understand users’ questions and problems. These pages are preferred over pages written by content writers who are simply focused on branding and search traffic.
- Write copy that addresses visitors’ needs and not copy that only talks about your products, services, specific company, etc.
- Don’t make people work to find your content or force them to spend money – pop-ups, registrations, and the like will push people elsewhere
Remember when we mentioned likeability and a people-first approach? People respect and favor those sites that are there to help them, not to toot their own horn. Focus on how you can help visitors survive and thrive, and your business will do well.
All SEO is mobile SEO
- More than 50% of total internet traffic is executed on mobile devices
- Average mobile load time is more than double that of desktop pages
Sites who optimize their mobiles pages have a huge advantage.
Now, you’re ready
Implement these tips, pay attention to the results, make any necessary changes, and repeat. If you make this part of your weekly routine, you will see SEO improvements.
As always, if you have any questions about your specific site, we’re here to help.